The main purpose of the Bird’s Eye View of the Quran is to present brief summaries of the Quran page by page. Some of the benefits are:
- You can learn the general message of the Quran page by page
- You can remember the key message of the verse or group of verses while reciting
- It can generate further interest in learning and understanding the Quran
- It can be used for a Daur-e-Quran (going over the brief message of the entire Quran in 26 sessions) which is valuable particularly in Ramadan.
Some details of the methodology are:
- 15-line Quran is used, a soft copy of which can downloaded here
- Verses on each page are grouped based on a common message and the key pointers 1 and some obvious lessons where possible are highlighted on the side. However, for detailed explanations, you should refer to translations and tafseer books.
- The sessions are divided into 26 parts and each part is presented separately
Pointers are general indication of the key meanings in the verses, they do not necessarily capture every message but give general idea.